From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Mike K2MK
Sent: 04 June 2010 19:50
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 filter display size

Hi Joe:

Here's a low tech solution: "trifocals". I sit about 28" from my computer
screen and about the same from the K3. The middle range of my trifocals is
perfect. Same problem and solution for the speedometer on the car's
dashboard.

73,
Mike K2MK

Don,

 > Yes, there is a lot of granularity to that display, but it still
 > give a good idea of the filter placement within the audio spectrum

The problem is that there is no change between 500/400 Hz or between
250/200 Hz.  That means it is not possible to determine if a 400 Hz
or 200 Hz filter are selected only from the filter width display.
In the case where the "FLn" icons are too small to be read with one's
distance lenses and the radio is too far away for the reading lenses
the filter width display should be an important clue to the selected
filter.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV