Joe -

All else being equal, and I am sure that is not true <grin>, the main
thing to remember is to be sure and NOT use a standard serial cable with
the K2.  The K2's serial adapter does NOT use standard wiring!  You will
need to build up a cable that is  wired for the task.   The instructions
for the KIO2 interface board explain this is great detail.

You can probably use an off-the-shelf  USB to serial converter to handle
the data stream going each way, but you will still need to make a
special cable to interconnect the converter and the K2.   DO NOT plug
the USB to Serial adapter into the K2's I/O port directly!

- Jim, KL7CC
K2 - 3995