If you have all the test equipment necessary to troubleshoot these modern
radios more power to you. In the old days I used to be able to work on my
car too.

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of The Smiths
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 3:08 PM
To: phys...@mac.com; n...@comcast.net
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Repair

No Conspirac therosts  would see it more as a scheme to let ops know that
the good old days of Hams actually working on their own radios are
paractially dead, and even Elecraft is subjected to appliance operators too.
Sad day, isn't it.

> From: phys...@mac.com
> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:30:54 -0700
> To: n...@comcast.net
> CC: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 Repair
>
> Just goes to show you that the smart operator is like a boy scout -- be
prepared. So, have two K3s or at least another good rig for backup.

> Of course, a conspiracy theorist would see this as a Elecraft marketing
scheme: that is, slow down repair cycle to encourage customers to buy a
second K3 for backup.

=======