Hi Don,

Imagine a system with good isolation between antennae such as you can
achieve with long yagi's at VHF/UHF. In my left ear I have the main RX
with stations from the UK, in my right ear I have the sub RX and
stations from Europe. I have a QRM from another G in my left ear when I
am called by a weak station from Europe which I hear in my right ear. As
the antennae have nice patterns I can barley hear the QRM from the G on
the antenna pointing at Europe. Now I want to mute or attenuate the
audio from the main RX and listen to the audio from the sub RX in both
ears. I know this will not be diversity any more but I'd quite like the
filter controls to continue to affect both receivers without having to
press BSET. After I have worked the station I need to return to
diversity mode listening to both receivers again.

Diversity mode almost does what I want with both receivers locked
together, I just need to be able to select which audio I listen to at a
given time. I can easily make up a box to switch the audio but I would
have thought that what I want to do is not that uncommon.

Hope this makes more sense.
73
Ian
G0AFH