Here is what I've just written for the new section titled "Multiple rounds of voting":

In highly competitive elections, multiple rounds of voting are needed to eliminate the weakest candidates so that attention can be focused on electing one of the most popular candidates. Our supported election methods work as described for two rounds of voting if the first round of voting elects a single winner from each political party, and the second round chooses from among those winners.

However, different counting methods are needed if the same voters vote in both rounds. There are election methods that handle such cases, and they use the better ballots we support. However, we have not yet analyzed this category of counting methods sufficiently to express support for any specific methods.

We do strongly agree that single-mark ballots must not be used in any round of voting. More specifically, just as the candidate with the most first-choice votes is not necessarily the most popular, and the candidate with the fewest first-choice votes is not necessarily the least popular, the candidate with the second-most first-choice votes is not necessarily second-most popular, and the candidate with the second-fewest votes is not necessarily the second-least popular.

Also we agree that "open primary" elections are not fair. In this approach, the candidates who are identified as "most popular", regardless of political-party affiliation, progress to the next round. This approach fails to consider that the majority of voters who support the most-popular candidate are likely to be the same majority of voters who support the second-most popular candidate -- unless the counting method specifically compensates for this redundant influence. The remaining voters, who may almost be a majority, can end up with only getting to choose between the two candidates who are preferred by the majority. Expressed another way, the words "most popular" are ambiguous in the context of choosing which candidates deserve to progress to another round of voting.

I'm sure I'm missing some important additional considerations, but they aren't coming to me at the moment, so I'll tap into your brains to help refine this section.

Of course we aren't offering a fair way to handle French presidential (?) first-round elections (in terms of which two candidates should move on to the final runoff election), but we have nothing specific we would agree on, right?

Richard Fobes