On 03/14/2013 11:40 PM, Richard Fobes wrote:

Does anyone know of any other political party that uses the
election-method reform that they promote?

The Pirate Party of Sweden uses Schulze for their primaries. They don't promote Schulze, though. Since Sweden is parliamentary, there are no single-winner elections and so Schulze doesn't apply.

Ideally, the Pirate Party would use Schulze STV internally and also promote it for election reform. But that's cherry on the top. I'm not going to be annoyed at their use of Schulze simply because they could have picked SSTV instead. I just hope their use of ordinary Schulze for composing the party list won't lead to too many centrists on the list and thus opposition and replacement with some worse but more proportional method.