Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting to this group. I apologize if my question has
already been answered before.

I'm a longtime user of Electric VLSI and have fabricated many chips through
MOSIS using the SCMOS rules in the past when I was a student under Dr. R.
Jacob Baker.

I just updated my installation to the latest Electric version 9.07 and
noticed there's a new technology added, "photonics".

However I can't find any documentation on it or any discussion about it in
this Google Group. I also notice that it indicates the foundry as TSMC so
I'm extra curious now.

Is this a technology that can actually be fabricated with TSMC? When I try
to convert the technology to library for editing I get an "Exception
Caught" error.

Can anyone give me any additional information about this technology such as
its history and if it has been used for anything before? How can it
provided within Electric without any NDAs with TSMC?

I work at a photonics company now and it would be wonderful if I can use
Electric again to do some designs.

Thank you.