Maybe the TSMC plugin is needed for this. The one indicated in the program when you click Help->About Electric, then click Plugins and see "Missing: Technologies (cmos90, tsmc180)".

The ChangeLog.txt in the source code of the repository hints that the developers, like SMR, GVG, JKG, and DN, working on TSMC changes may have this plugin:

http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/electric/trunk/electric/ChangeLog.txt?view=markup

There is another hint in build.xml of electric-8.00.jar (at http://mirrors.peers.community/mirrors/gnu/electric/ ) which has:

        <jar basedir="." compress="true" jarfile="*TSMC90.jar*">

This suggests that the plugin file may have the filename: TSMC90.jar

I asked about the plugin back in 2015 [ https://www.mail-archive.com/electricvlsi@googlegroups.com/msg01026.html ], but I don't remember ever receiving a response back about how exactly one could get it. So I can only guess that they are not sharing it outside their development circle as it may be providing their paycheck. If they are sharing outside their group, I suspect that it requires a signed NDA (thus, why the source code for creating the plugin seems to have been stripped from the public release).