Hey Guys,

I'm not sure how closely everyone has been following the Beta2 milestone (
https://launchpad.net/elementary/+milestone/luna-beta2), but here's the
skinny:

Files: 3 bugs
Gala: 3 Bugs
Granite: 1 Bug
Maya: 4 Bugs
Noise: 1 Bug
Dock: 1 Bug
Greeter: 8 Bugs
Slingshot: 2 Bugs
Wingpanel: 2 Bugs

That means that for most of us, a release is only a couple of bugs away.
We're right on the edge.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm sick of the Luna cycle. A lot of people are
getting bored. We want to work on cool new features and do fun innovative
stuff again. We want to get back to doing what we do best.

My question is: Do we have any really good reasons not to release Luna as
soon as possible? We already have a lot of people using Luna as their
production environment and they're very happy doing so. How many of the
beta3 bugs can actually be fixed post-release?

A newer Webkit, Clutter, GTK, and many other big libraries are waiting for
us in Luna +1. If we hang back too long trying to stabilize, we're going to
fall behind with things like animations, multi-touch support, etc.

So what I'm saying is, let's polish this bad boy off so we can have some
fun again.

Best Regards,

Daniel Foré

elementaryos.org