On 3/30/11, Tian You <youtian...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's found that it's caused by this line before resetting window.location:
> var index = document.URL.indexOf(xxx);
>
> After removing the line, the redirection can be continued.
>
> I also try 0.12pre5 version of Elinks, does not work either.
> So, it's because the Elinks does not support DOM well?
>
> Any comments are welcome.
>
> Thanks & Regards
>
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Tian You <youtian...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> Now I've compiled Elinks supporting JavaScript successfully.
>>
>> *$ elinks -version
>> ELinks 0.11.7 (built on Mar 30 2011 10:02:22)
>>
>> Features:
>> Standard, IPv6, gzip, bzip2, Periodic Saving, Timer, Cascading Style
>> Sheets,
>> Protocol (File, FTP, HTTP, URI rewrite, User protocols), SSL (OpenSSL),
>> MIME (Option system), LED indicators, Bookmarks, ECMAScript, Global
>> History,
>> Scripting (ECMAScript scripting engine), Goto URL History, Search History*
>>
>> Then, I tried to access a page with redirection by JavaScript, but it did
>> not work.
>>
>> The redirection is done by setting "window.location=xxx" in a JavaScript
>> function and invoking the function in "onload" of HTML body.
>>
>> Anyone have an idea that it's because Elinks does not support such
>> JavaScript or I use Elinks improperly?
>> And it's appreciated if someone could explain more about the scope of
>> supporting JavaScript in Elinks.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>>

>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Tian You <youtian...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>> I'm using elinks 0.11.7, and it's compiled from the srouce.
>>> I followed the guide (
>>> http://elinks.or.cz/documentation/html/manual.html-chunked/ch01s06.html)
>>> to install the SpiderMonkey, but still get these info from the output of
>>> configure.
>>>
>>> (I've assigned the same PREFIX to configure elinks as compiling
>>> SpiderMonkey)
>>> checking for SpiderMonkey... no
>>> ECMAScript (JavaScript) ......... no
>>>
>>> Anybody can help?
>>>
>>> Thanks & Regards

Indeed, elinks have a quiet incomplete support of DOM... My self, a
long time ago, research this and exchange same email with the
maintainers of elinks, and confirm that DOM is not well supported.
It would be great if we could advance in this direction and achieve
DOM support... it's the only truncated feature of elinks than I think
it would be importan to have.

Cheers,
Sebas (an Argentinian fan of elinks)