It would be handy to have a mix task, similar to what rake release does in
the ruby world
https://github.com/bundler/bundler/blob/master/lib/bundler/gem_helper.rb#L55
:

   - mix.compile
   - mix test
   - source control commit with tag=CURRENT_VERSION
   - mix hex.publish

Everything save for the third item in this list might be easily done with
shell alias/function, but this beast in the middle literally screws me up:
sometimes I forget to push a tag, sometimes I forget to update a version,
etc. It would be really great to implement the functionality that tries
tests, reads a version from mix.exs, uses it as a tag in commit, publishes
to hex.pm if everything above succeeded.

I could put some effort in implementing this, but I really need kinda
feedback on whether it’s needed and—if so—some guidance on how to approach
it.

Rgds, AM-73