Hey Zareh, this has been proposed many many times in the mailing list. The
reason we won't do it is because we can't know where to add the dependency
for sure (mix.exs is just code, it doesn't have a fixed format like a
package.json for JavaScript has for example).

I think someone might have come up with a package that adds deps
euristically, but can't remember for sure. Search through the other times
it has been proposed here on the mailing list and you should find it :)

Andrea

On Fri, 9 Feb 2018 at 05:09, Zareh Petrossian <zer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Add packages at a terminal without having to go through a text editor...
>
> i.e.
>
> mix deps.add plug
>
> or
>
> mix do deps.add plug, deps.get, deps.compile
>
> I think the value/reasoning for this is quite self explanatory.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elixir-lang-core/122f7d0d-4de1-4848-b0a0-926df263b67d%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/elixir-lang-core/122f7d0d-4de1-4848-b0a0-926df263b67d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .