I'd like to offer a counter point in that I think the lack of configuration
is one of the best things about the formatter as it stands.

Without configuration they're is only one style, and this the is no
opportunity for teams to squabble about code style/linter format. It also
means that (hopefully) all the Elixir code out the works look (relatively)
similar.

I don't think the advantage offered by any specific configuration is worth
sacrificing this feature.

I gave a talk at last year's Elixir London on the subject
https://youtu.be/g4HXeP_CZbc

Cheers,
Louis