On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 3:04:53 PM UTC+1, Rupert Smith wrote:

> Now I have decided to grab the Elm Clock example from here:
>
> http://elm-lang.org/examples/time
>
> And have a go at hacking it along these lines:
>
> * Add separate second, minute and hour hands to the clock.
> * Maybe add some other cosmetic features to the clock face like numbers or
> dots for each hour.
> * Make the clock a bit smaller and shove it up top-right on the navigation
> bar.

Got this all working. More of a bit of a brush up for me on ML style
functional coding, which I have not really done for 20 years. I have spent
my career almost exclusively working in Java land.

The next step I think will be to take the navigation bar, and the clock
widget and organize the code in such a way that the widget is a re-usable
component that I can embed in the navigation bar. So far my nav bar is just
HTML, and I only set up Elm to work in a separate div further down the page
body. Now that I have seen the Elm Materialized Design Lite library, I
think I may give that a go for doing the nav bar and putting my clock
widget onto it, as it looks pretty slick.

Still feeling like Elm is fantastic. Not quite got to groking the
model/update part of it yet, but starting to get to grips with various ways
of putting together the view.