On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 at 4:25:42 PM UTC+1, Rupert Smith wrote:

> type Cmd msg = Cmd

I am still a bit perplexed by this. It is a parameterized type, but the
parameter is thrown away and not used. I can only create one of them, since
their is only one constructor.

Given that, why do I have to use Cmd.none - if the only isntance of Cmd
that can be constructed is Cmd, why not simply use Cmd instead of Cmd.none?

Does this exist purely to make the commands created by the update function
have a particular type, in order to constrain where and how that update
function can be used?

If the constructor takes no args, then Cmd must be encapsulating no context
- I kind of thought the commands would be constructed with some context
that tells the program what the command is, or how to execute it. That is a
constructor like this:

type Cmd msg = Cmd msg