*And all this stuff about immutability, can be easily achieved in plain
javaScript. Eventually is Elm code will be converted to plain javaScript
and not vice versa, so that's mean you can do all that stuff in javaScript
but for sure there are some features in javaScript which you can't do in
Elm. And using Elm you are limited with one pattern. And what if it's not
enough or it's not best solution in some case, what than? For example right
now I'm working on new CMS for one of my projects, on React/GraphQL/Nodejs
and hybrid storage MongoDb with mySQL. I would like to use this pattern in
some cases but I just can't use it everywhere, so that's mean I shouldn't
use Elm?*

This is true, there are some things you can do in JavaScript that you can't
do in Elm, but this is the key point, that is a good thing! By definition
anything you can do in elm you can do in Javascript. But the benefits of
elm is that it will not let you do things that are likely to cause
problems. I have been a web developer for 20+ years now and I can say that
if someone can find a way to do something stupid in development then they
will!

Good coding in raw javascript requires a large amount of developer
discipline, you must be careful all the time. Languages like elm take that
job from the human and put it in the computer!

ᐧ

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Duane Johnson <duane.john...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Sarkis Arutiunian <sarkis....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> For example right now I'm working on new CMS for one of my projects, on
>> React/GraphQL/Nodejs and hybrid storage MongoDb with mySQL. I would like to
>> use this pattern in some cases but I just can't use it everywhere, so
>> that's mean I shouldn't use Elm?
>

> What are you hoping to do in Elm that you currently can't? Is it the
> server side portion?
>
> There was a post earlier today by Charles Scalfani that piqued my
> interest. He is using an Effect Manager to implement a postgresql database
> access library for server-side Elm: https://github.com/
> panosoft?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=elm

Zach Kessin
SquareTarget <http://squaretarget.rocks?utm_source=email-sig>