There are plenty of tutorials, etc., to help newcomers get started, but as
we start to delve deeper into the Elm ecosystem, it would be super helpful
if each function in the standard library included at least one simple
example.

It would require a bit of effort and discipline, but this seems to fit with
the ethos of the community, where we see things like useful error messages,
semver enforcement, and shared conventions around formatting.

Although examples can be found online for many of the functions, that isn't
always the case. And having them built into the standard documentation
would mean that they're always efficiently locatable, and in principle,
stay up-to-date as the libraries evolve.