So something that I just tripped over...

If you're bringing a JSON object in through a port, and the elm type def
has:

*    type alias aFoo =*
*        { someFoo : Maybe String }*

This JSON comes over properly:

*    { someFoo: null }*

But this JSON throws an error:

*    { } // field omitted*

If this data is from a JS library using an API, many default to omitting
null fields in their output. Reasoning being, why carry extra stuff extra
across the wire?

Most serializers that I have used default to omitting null values from the
serialized output.

Seems to me that both null and undefined should translate to Maybe.Nothing
when coming across a port.

Anybody else run into this?