Op donderdag 10 november 2016 23:35:54 UTC+1 schreef Kasey Speakman:

> Anybody else run into this?

Yeah, I ran into this, but in a slightly different variant. My structure
did not have the Maybe types. It was something like this:

port newRecordForElm : (Record -> msg) -> Sub msg

type alias Record =
  { someList : List (Int)
  , name : String
  }

To deal with the a) null values and b) missing values,
I resorted to passing the Json through the port, and decode in Elm, like
this:

import Json.Decode as JD
---
port newRecordForElm : (JD.Value -> msg) -> Sub msg

modelDecoder : JD.Decoder Record
modelDecoder =
  JD.object2 Record
    ( JD.oneOf [ "someList" := JD.list JD.int, JD.succeed [] ] )
    ( JD.oneOf [ "name" := JD.string, JD.succeed "" ] )