On Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 3:27:18 PM UTC, Rupert Smith wrote:

> I think there is a case to be made for a pub/sub message effects module to
> become part of the core language though.

I also think Elmq is not ready for publishing yet. Would like to get some
input on what features it should support.

For example, if two listeners are on the same channel to they both get all
the messages (pub/sub style), or does each listener get each message
uniquely (point-to-point style). Would likely want to support both models.

Should there be some significance to the channel names when subscribing?
For example fi channels are named with dot notation like newsgroups
"comp.lang.elm", then can you create subscriptions spanning multiple
channels like "comp.lang.*"?

When the type of data sent to a channel does not match the expected type
being listened for, a default value is passed instead. Could there be a
better way, which would be to not trigger a listener event at all when this
happens?