Folks. I feel this thread is maybe not the best place to discuss certain
details of topics that raised in discussion. I feel there are too much
topic being actively discuss right now and it starts to be pretty hard to
follow everything. I feel that understanding what others are talking about
is much more important than commenting everything myself but it's really
hard to follow everything right now. Anyway I have few points myself.
*Please understand that these are points that don't define my whole view.*
1. Interop - First of all it was there but now there is white list for just
few packages. Bringing native code especially on lib level is pretty
dangerous indeed. On the other hand anyone pulling some hairball (Hickey's
term <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8tNMsozo0>) he/she has to be aware
of certain risks. This is part of contract defined by all OSS licenses I'm
aware of. Maybe visible warning + extra confirmation during install would
be enough.

2. Elm isn't really "web language". It just happened that current target of
Elm is web and that there are certain architectural decision that reflect
that. Anyway elm isn't really web technology and in certain ways it's even
bending web standards. I don't feel there is a need for Elm to really cover
100% of web standards. Web is very big and loosely defined platform these
days used for everything from mail logs to mealtime apps. Elm simply
doesn't fit to everything you can do on web. Personally I still have mixed
feeling about web component standard. Generally I don't think it's as
universally as good idea as some people say.