I'm back with Elm today after a year long break, so I'm out of touch with
any of its idiosyncrasies.

But in an effort to remember how to use Elm, I made a toy app with the ol
`List (Id, String)` of input fields that uses `Html.programWithFlags` to
initialize the model from localStorage. Then I used a `saveToStorage` port
to persist the change to each input to localStorage.

I couldn't encounter any issues, though I'm not 100% sure what your issues
were. Do you have some code to show?