I have a couple of org files under VC (HG).
For lisp and latex files my workflow is as follows
- add-change-log-entry, which adds a nice reference like
* emacs_keys.el ([(control super b)]): New:
(global-set-key [(control super b)] 'ahg-heads)
- then call vc-next-action which offers to insert the recent added
entry of the Changelog file.
- Long time ago Carsten Dominik wrote some addons for latex files
so that references to sections are inserted in a ChangeLog file.
Could there be such an extension for orgmode to get an entry such as
2016-10-14 Uwe Brauer <o...@mat.ucm.es>
* remember.org * Sun Sep 25 19:03:04 2016 (HG): undo strip.
Or what ever value the header has.