Hi,

I have a large document (a book) written in AsciiDoc, and I’ve been thinking of
converting it to org-mode, which I find eminently more readable. The method
I’ve come up with is:

1. AsciiDoc -> Docbook using asciidoc or asciidoctor
2. Docbook -> org using pandoc

The conversion seems to work well, except for one thing: I have index terms in
my AsciiDoc files using the ‘((( … )))’ syntax
(http://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#index-terms
<http://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#index-terms>). Step 1 converts them
correctly into <indexterm> tags, but pandoc inserts them as part of the main
text instead of producing‘#+INDEX entries.

Before I go report the bug to Pandoc, I was wondering if anyone has tried this
and maybe come up with some other way of doing the conversion.

Thanks!

—Diego