OK, I have a minimal working example and would like to add some unit tests
to this project, largely as a way to learn more about testing in emacs/org
so that I can start writing tests for some other projects.

However... I don't really understand how to build tests in org (and in fact
I don't really understand ert much at all). Looks like the worg page is
largely a stub. Does anyone have any hints for getting started? Like,
should i be able to use ~testing/test-ox.el~ to test my exporter?

I would like to start doing a better job of developing in elisp, but I am
having trouble getting started on my own, so, once again, I appreciate any
help you cna give!

Thanks,
Matt