That is the right thing to do I think.  The only differences you should see
is when the mouse pointer is over a star in a headline, it should highlight
with a mouse face, and if you click on the highlighted region it should
cycle the headline open and closed. Similarly, the [ ] in a checkbox should
get highlighted, and if you click on it, it should toggle its state. There
might also be some right click menus.

John

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F