Matthew Lundin <m...@imapmail.org> writes:

> Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> As I said, PATCH welcome, I admired many times I don't have ability to
>>> build a
>>> complex archive functionality on url.el or wget or curl.
>>
>> I have found the following solution [1] using wget:
>>
>> wget --mirror -p --convert-links -P ./LOCAL-DIR WEBSITE-URL
>>

> I don't think --mirror is what we want this context, since that will
> initiate a recursive download of the entire site. (Ironically, my IP is
> now banned from a personal blog that provides a how-to for using wget
> after I tried to run the above command on it.) From the wget manual:
>
>     -m
>     --mirror
>         Turn on options suitable for mirroring.  This option turns on
> recursion and
>         time-stamping, sets infinite recursion depth and keeps FTP directory
> listings.
>         It is currently equivalent to -r -N -l inf --no-remove-listing.
>
> AFAICT, org-board uses the following options, which limit the archiving
> to a single page and all its resources:
>
> wget -e robots=off --page-requisites --adjust-extension --convert-links [...]

Interesting, Learned a new skill.

>> This will not bundle the page into a single file, but it is better than
>> nothing. org-attach does not have to attach exactly one file.
>
> You can also create a warc (web archive) file with wget, but then you
> need a web archive replayer to view it, which is not exactly convenient.

Looks like you already parsed most technologies in awesome-web-archive list.
Does that mean most technologies not suitable for Org Mode for now?

> Best,
>
> Matt

- --
[ stardiviner ]
       I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express.

       Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/
       IRC(freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner
       GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3