Timothy <orgm...@tec.tecosaur.net> writes:

>> My impression is that this change is against Timothy’s attempt to make the
>> top
>> banner cleaner.
>
> For what it’s worth, I personally consider stuffing lines of “important!” text
> into that “what is Org?” banner ultimately counterproductive. I think it fails
> to provide the information with enough context (e.g. `M-x
> org-submit-bug-report
> RET' doesn’t provide the information provided on the Feedback.html page), and
> it
> also muddies the structure of the page while making it appear more cluttered.

I am slightly in favour of reducing the clutter.

Also, Bastien mentioned (AFAIU) an idea to have a badge for source
code. Maybe instead of git clone? I was previously reluctant to use
savannah link instead of copy-pasteable "git clone ..." text, but I now
notice that https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/ works
with git clone and the page even lists tarballs for the Org releases.

So, we may create a badge with an icon representing src code (maybe
"</> | source code"?) that will point to
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/

--
Ihor Radchenko,
Org mode contributor,