On 29/09/2022 00:08, Tim Cross wrote:

2. Technically, Org mode cannot be used in any organisation (specifically
government
funded) where ther are policies which require that documents be
accessible. For example, technically, this means we cannot use org mode
in Australian government organisations, which would also include
Universities. I suspect other countries have similar accessibility
requriements, especially in government and government funded
organisations).

Can someone having experience with assistive technologies comment if output generated by ox-html prevents generation of accessible PDF by Chrome? Are serious rework is required to improve HTML export? Let's leave math expressions aside for a while.

https://blog.chromium.org/2020/07/using-chrome-to-generate-more.html
Dominic Mazzoni. Using Chrome to generate more accessible PDFs
Wednesday, July 29, 2020

More tools promise PDF/UA generation from HTML, e.g.
https://github.com/Kozea/WeasyPrint/issues/1088
liZe commented Sep 16, 2022

Version 57 will include PDF/UA support that includes accessibility
tags automatically added out of the HTML structure of the document. If
anyone is interested in this feature, don’t hesitate to test the current
master branch and add a comment here!

Certainly there is enough room for improvements of ox-html and there were discussions of "slim" HTML ox backend. Such work may include suggestions from people familiar with ARIA and related web technologies.