    > Colin Baxter <m43...@yandex.com> writes:
    >> > This should not matter and should not cause the error.  Please
    >> > provide more details.
    >>
    >> The debugger output on the error is:

    >> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Cache must be active.")
    >> (signal error ("Cache must be active."))  (error "Cache must be
    >> active.")  (org-element-cache-map #f(compiled-function (el)
    >> #<bytecode 0xb3290e9>))

    > Just for context, the new version `org-element-cache-map' uses a
    > new macro `org-element-with-enabled-cache' that temporarily
    > enabled cache for the duration of `org-element-cache-map'.

    >> There is an odd feature. If I reload org-mode on a org buffer,
    >> using "C- C-x !" then the error vanishes on using "C-c C-a m". If
    >> I launch a new emacs (28.2 or 30.50.0) then the error returns and
    >> only vanishes if I reload org-mode again.

    > This sounds like you got mixed Org installation or org-element.el
    > from built-in Org. If it is the case, you may need to check your
    > config.

    > You can also try WIP branch feature/shadowcheck that tries more to
    > fight mixed version issue:
    > https://git.sr.ht/~yantar92/org-mode/tree/feature/shadowcheck

    > -- Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, Org mode contributor, Learn more
    > about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.  Support Org development
    > at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>, or support my work at
    > <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>

I add org-mode (from git) early to the load-path in order to compile new
org-mode versions on the fly without closes emacs.

I'll first experiment by moving

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name "/path/to/git/org-mode/lisp"))

to different points in my ~/.emacs to see if that solves the issue.

Colin Baxter.