    >> > Just for context, the new version `org-element-cache-map' uses
    >> a > new macro `org-element-with-enabled-cache' that temporarily >
    >> enabled cache for the duration of `org-element-cache-map'.

    >> I add org-mode (from git) early to the load-path in order to
    >> compile new org-mode versions on the fly without closes emacs.

    > You may try to add

    > (message "org? %S" (featurep 'org))

Thanks for this tip. It reports `nil'.

    > before the line adding Org to load path. Check the *Messages*
    > buffer that it reports "nil" to ensure that Org is not loaded
    > through some dependencies.

    > When pulled commits includes changes related to macros, .elc files
    > affected by macro expansions must be removed before
    > compilation. *Incremental* builds may result in inconsistent
    > code. Emacs developers prefer fast, but sometimes incorrect builds
    > and they are rather skeptical in relation to proper support of
    > incremental builds.

    > Without removing *.elc files functions like
    > `byte-recompile-directory' and `batch-byte-compile' may produce
    > files that uses old macro versions.

I've tried removing the .elc files but that doesn't seem to be the
issue.

1. Forcing emacs (emacs-30.50.0) to use only its built-in org-mode then
I see no error

2. If I remove all the org files from my emacs-30.50.0 and thereby force
emacs to use only org-mode from git then I see the error.

3. I suspect some other org-mode library I use is causing the
problem. So far, I've not found the culprit, even though it is only "m"
- search for TAGS/PROPS/KEYWORDS - that gives the error.

Thank you for your help.

Colin Baxter.