Samuel Wales <samolog...@gmail.com> writes:

> i am confused.  org-stored-links is a command?  what are the known
> user needs for storing and pasting links?

Typo. Meant to be org-store-link.

> i am also unclear on why we have a dedicated paste function as opposed
> to kill ring.  probably a good reason.  but wfm.

This is because a workflow of opening the link target, storing it, and
then inserting the stored link is not the only workflow we support.
Another workflow is running M-x org-insert-link <RET> type <RET> select
location using completion.

For example, you do not have to open a file to store link to that file.
Instead, you can directly type M-x org-insert-link <RET> file <RET>
/path/to/file <RET>. When selecting path to file, the standard file
completion interface will be used.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,