Ihor Radchenko <yanta...@posteo.net> writes:

>>> Note that I just pushed an alternative (but very similar) change in
>>> https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/worg/commit/b38a1f08
>>
>> It fails on first error. I find a report containing several errors much
>> more helpful for figuring out what has actually happened. On the other
>> hand there should be a strong reason to read all errors when there are
>> hundreds one.
>
> You are right. I will see what I can do to throw exit only at the end,
> showing all the errors.

Unfortunately, I was not able to find a way to do it and yet display the
error backtraces.

The best we can do is using  `backtrace-get-frames' in the error
handler:

(backtrace-to-string (backtrace-get-frames 'backtrace))

But it will only display backtrace down to `condition-case' entry - not
very useful in practice.

So, I think that the best option we have is stopping on the first error
and displaying backtrace - it will provide as much information as
possible to diagnose the cause.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,