> org-element-at-point is not supposed to return objects. So, there is no
> problem here.

Right. My original issue description is wrong for this part. It seems that
org-babel-get-src-block-info returns nil when immediately before the start
of the ala |src_ in #+caption: but will return non-nil in other contexts. In
the #+caption: it will only work if the cursor is past the s ala s|rc_. Or
if in non evil mode when the cursor is on the s in src_.

I can workaround the issue for now with forward-char, but it seems there
is an off-by-one error involving #+caption: followed immediately by src_,
if there is anything in between #+caption: and src_ then it works correctly.

> Also, C-c C-c works for me on bugfix in the above example.

Hrm, I can't get it to work, but I haven't done a proper control that
loads only bugfix and nothing else. Will report back if I get it to work.