Russell Adams <rlad...@adamsinfoserv.com> writes:

> * Item
>
> Wubba lubba ding dong.
>
> # TODO fix this to pig latin
>
> Arff!!
>
> * Other stuff
>

> Doesn't this really come down to a use case for having headings which
> are excluded from operations like comments are?

Nope. As I described, I often want inlinetasks to be exported and to be
displayed in my agenda/sparse tree views:

1. On export, I will see

1 Item
══════

  Wubba lubba ding dong.

                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                          TODO fix this to pig latin
                                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  Arff!!

2 Other staff
═════════════

2. I can also use the inlinetask normally, scheduling it, adding notes
   to it, etc

> Could we treat #'s as inline headings? Not sure how that'd handle
> drawers.

#'s are excluded from export unconditionally. Also, more complex
 inlinetasks may contain normal Org markup and elements, which make no
 sense in comments.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,