On 24/03/2024 15:58, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
On 22/03/2024 05:55, Michael wrote:
I have a small patch for `org-preview-latex-process-alist' making
the default setting for LaTeX source block evaluation be running
latex three times (instead of the current one).

I suspect it may make the LaTeX preview feature unacceptably slow for
documents heavily loaded with math snippets.

Then, we may instead use latexmk - it will run latex as many times as
necessary.

Sorry I have no experience with latexmk. At least a fallback should be available if this script is not installed.

The LaTeX preview feature is close to dangerous per se. With latexmk the barrier may be even lower. Some users may have -shell-escape enabled in latexmk configuration. I hope, it is not possible to force latexmk execute something weird by spitting a crafted message into logs.

I have no idea how to enable preview for trusted files only without ruining usability.