Manish <mailtomanish.sha...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:
>> Does it crash and cause an error or report the old org version as before?
>
> It just reports the version as before; no crashing or error of any sort.

Okay that's good.  I don't have Emacs on windows here.  If you have time
to step through the org-version function in debug and figure out where
it fails we might be able to get it working on windows too.

My guess is that determining the location of the .git directory fails so
it acts just like it's not running from a git repository.

What do you get when evaluating the following form?

(file-name-directory (locate-library "org"))

I need to move up one directory from what that returns to see if the
.git directory exists and I append '../' to the path to move up on *nix
systems.  That probably doesn't work for windows.  Maybe there's a
better way to strip off the last directory from the path that
file-name-directory returns.

-Bernt