I'm at a loss... I tried the minimal config and it worked... then I compared
it to my normal config and didn't see anything wrong so I tried it there and
it also worked. I did change the current figure from #+begin_ditaa to
#+begin_src ditaa... maybe I had a typo somewhere before?

I literally have no idea what happened. Maybe I changed something last night
before I left with my config but never re-ran things one final time?

Thanks for the help! Sorry I can't provide a better specific resolution to
the problem for future inquirers!

John