I'd like to use Org as a static site generator. I know quite a few
people use Org to manage their sites, so I'd like to know what's already
available and what I'd need to add to make this working properly.

I know of course how to export a bunch of Org files to HTML through the
publishing features. However, that's not really cutting it, I'm afraid.

and <article>. I'd like Org to include the different exported files into
the <article> section, and the rest to remain the same. The <nav> would
contain a global navigation menu, also highlighting the current active
section (though CSS, no JS please).

Has anybode done something like this?

-David