On Thu, Dec 19 2013, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> I would like to have a read-only version of my calendars in my org
> agenda. These calendars (10 of them) currently live in Zimbra and
> iCould, and I am accessing them both using the native Calendar
> application on OS X and on my (Android) phone.
>
> I've looked at what the options are, and I can find two of them:
> - convert ics files into org files
>   (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html)
> - set up a synchronization using caldav
>   (https://github.com/dengste/org-caldav)

Have you seen https://github.com/asoroa/ical2org.py
I started using this about a week ago, and like it.  One strength
compared to the worg entry is that it handles (some) recurring events.
My approach is to download the .ics file and then run this python
script.

There is also a ruby script:  https://github.com/simonthum/ical2org but
I couldn't get this to work correctly with British Summer Time, despite
help from the author.  (The python script seems to handle the timezones
okay for me.)

Stephen