On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Jambunathan K  wrote:
>> The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
>> that has been posted to gmane.emacs.orgmode as well.
>>
>> Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Currently I have a setq on org-mode-hook
>>
>> I don't run "make install", I just do "make".
>>
>> Here is what I have in .emacs.
>>
>> DO NOT do an explicit (require 'ox-backend).  Instead customize
>> `org-export-backends' and the ODT exporter there.
>>
>> Here is the sequence I have in my .emacs.
>>
>>     (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/org-mode/lisp/")
>>     (require 'org-loaddefs)
>
> Ok That require did it (I think!)
> ie on my machine works for emacs 23 and 24

On second thoughts, Ive replaced that require with a load-file with
explicit path
since
- I prefer an explicit error to unexpected weirdness
- that file tends to get removed by build processes
- there are multiple org-loaddefs.el files and I DONT want the others

Now I can verify that
- after a make clean starting emacs gives me errors on startup
- after a make compile that error goes away