Hello Sacha and Nicolas,

Answering after a (too) long time with very intermittent Internet
access...

Sacha Chua wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> Why are Emacs Lisp minor modes loaded for exporting the Org document
>> to HTML?  If not necessary, this seems suboptimal (performance-wise).
>
> org-export-format-source-code-or-example loads the mode associated
> with the language in org-src-lang-modes in order to fontify the
> block.

Only to fontify, not to indent, right?

> You could check if org-export-current-backend is nil before
>
> Maybe like so?
>
>   (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook (lambda ()
>     (unless org-export-current-backend
>       (turn-on-redshank-mode))))

This seems to be a solution (although I did not test it), but it seems
as well impractical: I'd have to chase almost all minor modes of all
languages...

Can't we assume that the major modes have all the information to fontify
the code blocks, and -- if yes -- have a manner to forbid loading all
the minor modes at once (as, then, they'd be completely useless for the
export process)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--