Nicolas Goaziou <m...@nicolasgoaziou.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Thorsten Jolitz <tjol...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> evaluating this
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>> (org-element-interpret-data
>>  '(item (:bullet "1" :tag "hello" :checkbox "trans" :counter 2)
>>  (section nil "world")))
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> #+results:
>> : 1. [@2] hello ::
>> :    world
>>
>> the content is always placed on a newline, which looks strange in my
>> eyes. Is that intended?
>
> It is. You include a `section' in an `item', which is syntactically
> wrong. Only headlines can contain sections.

I see.

So when creating an element with interpreted content (that is given as
plain string), I use

  - headlines :: (section nil "foo")

  - others :: (paragraph nil "foo")

or should it rather be

  - headlines :: (section nil (paragraph nil "foo"))

?

>> PS
>> and checkbox is ignored, no matter if I give 'on, 'off and 'trans as
>> symbols or strings.
>
> You should not provide 'on, 'off or 'trans, and even less strings, but
> on, off or trans since your expression is already quoted.

ups ... of course.

One more question:

the :tag property of items is parsed as list (of sec. string(s)) - is it
sufficient for interpreting to give it a plain string: tag: "foo"
instead of tag: ("foo")? It seems to work ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten