Jeffrey Juliano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ... thanks ... this email is kind of long.  I did a little poking in
> fileio.c and did some testes.  I describe as far as I got, including an
> excerpt of fileio.c that may be part of the problem, and my test showing
> why I think so.

Hm.  I saw a message on an Emacs group some time ago that NT allows
file names of the form "foo:bar" where bar specifies a `stream' in
that file.  Apparently, this is a way to store two files in one, so to
speak.  I don't know anything about NT, but that's the way I
understood.  Hm.  Maybe Emacs tries to grok those kinds of file names,
interfering with the rcp.el mechanism?

Hm.

How do we proceed from here?

kai