Daniel Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Yes, those are indeed annoying. Maybe I will have a look and see if I
> can find out something about why they are so painful. Having no money
> this month gives me *so* much free time for hacking. :/

Well, at first I had the problem of making sure that the output
arrives in the right order.  (Else the end-of-output marker would not
be at the beginning of a line.)  But that seems to be pretty much
solved.  Now, the problems are with the initial connection setup.

One problem is with SSH2 -- I send `echo hello' to the remote end
rather soon, but if an SSH2 shell sees input too soon, it gets
confused.  One has to hit RET after a while to make it work again.

The other problem is with the login methods which start an interactive
shell: I have to wait for the shell to come up, and that sometimes
seems to fail, or maybe I'm giving up the waiting too early.

I now think that the right approach is to just look for the shell
prompt for the second problem.  And I'm going to do away with the
non-interactive login method (rcp-open-connection-rsh).  Instead, I
just `exec /bin/sh' when finished, and then I set the prompt for the
shell to `/////' or something.  I think that will do something useful.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.