On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 at 12:40, <mb...@mbork.pl> wrote:

> Isn't it obvious?  If I have several terminals open at the same time
> (and I seldom have fewer than, say, three, usually more), sharing
> history is very useful.  It easy to remember that I issued some kind of
> command, but much more difficult to remember in which terminal I did it.

To add to this: The original terminal where I issued the command I
need might be busy, e.g. if I started some application in it. It might
be inconvenient to suspend that application just to get at the
command. Important special case: the application that’s occupying the
terminal where the original command was entered is Midnight Commander
running a sub-shell in which I want to repeat that command.

---
via emacs-tangents mailing list
(https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-tangents)
  • ... Jens Schmidt via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
    • ... Arsen Arsenović via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
      • ... Spencer Baugh
        • ... Jens Schmidt via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
    • ... Richard Stallman
      • ... mbork
        • ... Yuri Khan
          • ... Emanuel Berg
        • ... Emanuel Berg
      • ... Arsen Arsenović via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
        • ... Richard Stallman
          • ... Arsen Arsenović via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
      • ... Jean Louis
        • ... Arsen Arsenović via Emacs news and miscellaneous discussions outside the scope of other Emacs mailing lists
    • ... Richard Stallman
      • ... brickviking