Thus spake [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>Neville Findlater 02-04-15 8.16 shed some illumination on:
>
>>Somehwere in the last few months someone made a statement about 9.2.2 
>>breaking something in Emailer.
>>I cant remember whether it was scripts or whatever.
>>Anyway I have searched my mail but can't find it now.
>>
>>Can anyone refresh me please?
>>
>>I am currently running system 9.2.2 and hava few tricky things happening.

There were some problems with a mid release of AppleScript. 1.7, I think. 
Might have been 1.6, not sure. I went with the older 1.37 which was said 
to be most stable for 8.6 so I haven't tracked it for sure. But I have 
seen old discussions on the AppleScript list that well recommend not 
staying with the version that came with 9.2. (Or 9.1? Point is, there 
were some real problems in some of the 9.x releases from a serious 
scriptors POV) There is a 1.8 version of AS now available in public beta 
that seems to be what is recommended. You have to join the Apple 
developers from the apple site but that's pretty easy to do as well as 
free. Then you can find and grab the beta.

Dave Groover





___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to