On or about 5/12/02 8:37 AM Katzy AKA [EMAIL PROTECTED] eruditely mused the 
following:

>I get the 
>list in digest mode and after reading these posts I have to scroll 
>through all the gobledygook to get to the next message (this was less of 
>a mroblem in feed mode because I just ignored the second half of the 
>email-- but it was choking by mailbox with 60-100 emails a day. Much 
>easyer to scan the digests).
>
>So.... I guess I'm looking for an AppleScript solution (Michelle? Are you 
>there?). That will replace ALL the text between the <HTML> and </HTML> 
>tags w/ nothing and leave the rest of the text as is. Since the message 
>always comes through in plain text as well, (i think) I can just strip 
>out the whole HTML mess. 

There is a script "Strip html using Tex-Edit Plus" that strips out all 
the html code and leaves you with just the text.  In your case two copies 
of the same, but clean, text if you use this script.  Maybe it can be 
modified to strip everything for you.  I don't believe it is on Chris' 
site and I have been unable to get in to the site to upload it but can 
supply it offlist.

Cheers

Karl

Webmaster for:
IAS, Irish Airmail Society: 
http://members.aol.com/karlfranzw/AirmailSociety.html

Please DO NOT send any attachments, no matter their size, to my AOL or 
Bigfoot email addresses without checking with me first if this is OK.  

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to