On or about 12/15/03 12:37 AM Joseph Getchel AKA [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
eruditely mused the following:

>Now really, please tell me how you manage to not get at least ONE E-mail 
>via your AOL account each time you check (mostly SPAM!!)?? You must be 
>checking very often, or else you would be getting the usual SPAM.
>
>I have a schedule set up to check my AOL E-mail once a day, and so far, I 
>have never had a case where I did not receive at least one E-mail.  In 
>fact, of the 20-30 E-mails I receive through that account daily, usually 
>only one or two make it through my SPAM filters. The rest all go to the 
>trash.

Joseph, as you have seem from the list I am not the only one using AOL 
who sometimes has an empty AOL mailbox.  

All I can tell you is that I check my mail three times a day, but I get 
little spam in my AOL mailbox.  Maybe the reason is that I don't use my 
Master AOL email.  When I set up my AOL I did not like the master email I 
chose, so I chose another email and that is the one I use and check. My 
master email is seldom checked and I no one I know has it BUT if I do 
check that mailbox it is full of spam and only spam.

So changing to a non-master email may help you reduce your AOL spam, but 
then you have to tell everyone to use the new address and that is likely 
inconvenient.  Mine has been set up that way for so long it does not 
matter.


Karl

Webmaster for:
IAS, Irish Airmail Society: 
http://members.aol.com/karlfranzw/AirmailSociety.html

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to