I just moved my Mail database and set up Claris Emailer to run on my Mac 
Laptop (Titanium g4).  I have several apple scripts that run based on 
e-mails that come in with specified addresses.  That is, when e-mail 
comes in that is addressed from any of my family, an apple script runs 
that simply plays a different sound than the one you normally hear when 
e-mail arrives.

While my Spam script is dumping "spam" in my Spam folder according to 
script and other arriving e-mails are filed propoerly in their specified 
folders as dictated by scripts , the "sound" scripts like the one 
described above are not working.  That is, all email comes in with the 
same alert sound.  I tried running the script directly from the Apple 
Scripts folder but get  "Cannot run script becuase of An Apple Script 
Error".  I suspect it is not running because it cannot locate the 
specified sound file but I do not know how to begin to rewirte it and get 
the option to locate the sound file.

This is how the script reads for the sound file called "blow"

try
        tell application "Finder" to open x
on error
        set x to choose file with prompt "blow." of type {"sfil"}
        tell application "Finder" to open x
end try


Can any one help me?  Is that "on error" suppose to be there?

It has been so long that I fooled with these scripts, I just cannot 
remember.

Mary Lou

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to